Upcoming Training | Email Management
Filing Best Practices | Introduction to Records Management | File Plan Development
Scanning 101 | Disposing of Old Records
For offices considering scanning documents as a part of everyday operations, many
things should be contemplated before undertaking such a project. This workshop will
cover topics such as but not limited to: document preparation, scanner and software
selection, office personnel considerations, project management hints, retention
and disposition, document schema and budgetary tips.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will:
- Analyze and consider all aspects of commencing a scanning project and determine
the appropriate application of technology for individual situations.
- Administer appropriate document retention and disposition principles to electronic
documents within the project.
- Understand the impacts of staples, post-it notes, simplex vs. duplex documents and
document quality on scanners.
- Gain exposure to various types of scanners and software solutions based on appropriate
application to the project.
- Consider and properly schedule human resources for preparation and executing the
- Understand popular document naming conventions and schemas and their impact on scanning
- Apply basic project management principles to elements such as timelines, budgets
and political considerations.
To register for this workshop please visit the Upcoming Training
section for more information.
To register for the 20 minute online training session please register via the following
- Log into Campus Connect
- Navigate to For Employees
Verification of your enrollment will be sent by e-mail from Workplace Learning and
Records Management will send you the direct link to the full Filing Best Practices
video once you’ve completed registration.
- Select Employee Self Service
- Select Learning and Development
- Select Request Training Enrollment
- Search by Course Name (Scanning 101 – Online) or Course Number (ESC001)
- Choose View Available Sessions
- Click the Session number (There should only be one listed. Disregard the start date.)
- Select "Submit"
If you have any issues with registration, view the
registration tutorial or contact email@example.com
If you have any questions about the information in the video, please contact the
Department of Records Management at firstname.lastname@example.org